Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Metronome Coffee

It’s time for the “Monthly Grind”. This is where I put the spotlight on a local coffee shop. The visit this month takes us to Metronome Coffee to see what all the buzz is about.

In my past monthly grind visits I have tended to visit a lot of Seattle coffee shops. Felt it was time to branch out and visit a different city. I found Metronome Coffee in the north end of Tacoma. The metronome (used by musicians to help keep a steady tempo as they play, or to work on issues of irregular timing) is seen all over this coffee house and is even used in its logo. I was told that the owner is a big fan of music. There were several posters for local music acts and discovered they even hold live music events inside the coffee house.

I have visited this coffee shop in the past and had one of the best mocha's ever in my life. I asked the barista what makes it so good. She told me that they really focus and take the time on making a great cup of coffee. I also found out that all the chocolate syrup's are made in house! So I again went with what I knew was good and ordered a mocha. It too was just as good as what I had before.
 
I enjoyed people watching and taking in all that this very modern coffee house had to offer. It really has the atmosphere that a lot of young people would be drawn too. I wouldn't limit it to only the younger crowd either, I saw a variety of ages come and go during my visit. I really liked the musical theme displayed throughout the inside. I could tell that it had that "hipster" vibe, which in no means is a bad thing.

This coffee house does not limit itself to just coffee. It also serves a variety of local Washington wines and beer selections. I was really impressed in their large tea offerings too. If you are interested in trying a specialty brew, they do a trifecta, pour over, cold brew, syphon brew, chemex and of course the French press.


So in closing, if you are in the Tacoma area and you are looking for a great cup of coffee with a modern setting check out Metronome Coffee located at 6th & Union Tacoma, WA. I highly recommend it!





You can visit their website at: http://www.metronomecoffee.com/
They were also highlighted in a story on CNBC called "Coffee Addiction": http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44718031/ns/business-cnbc_tv/t/coffee-addiction/







 

No comments:

Post a Comment