Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fonté Cafe

It’s time for the “Monthly Grind”. This is where my sidekick Debra and I put the spotlight on a local coffee shop. Our visit this month takes us to Fonté Café to see what all the buzz is about.

Aztec Mocha
S & P Latte
November is a busy month for most people, with the holiday season starting and Thanksgiving dinner to plan. With that said I wasn't sure I would be able to to fit in a visit with Debra. With our busy schedules Debra and I were not able to meet up. So my friend Ryan stepped in for her on this visit...

Ryan actually picked this location. He has been telling me about it for a long time, so we thought it would be a great time to try it out. Located at 1321 on first avenue, across from the Seattle Art Museum and steps from the Pike place market. We walked on a very cold morning and arrived half frozen. I think being cold is what got me in the mood for something hot and in a hurry. I ordered an Aztec mocha which consisted of chocolate, cayenne, cinnamon, and black pepper. To go along with that I ordered the chorizo scramble. Ryan went on the more cautious side. He ordered the the S & P latte, it included carmel, smoked sea salt, and black pepper. To go along his latte he ordered the cheese omelet. The Aztec mocha definitely spiced things up for me. I have never had such a spicy flavor in my coffee. It literally took my breath away on the first sip! I have to say I really enjoyed all the flavors and that extra kick to it. The scramble was just as delicious...a mixture of spices, flavors, and heartiness left me wanting more. Ryan had nothing but good things to say about his latte and omelet. He was never has been a huge coffee guy, but I think after hanging out with me that has changed!

I felt like it definitely had that bar setting feel to it. Very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and our waitress was helpful in any of the questions we had. It is a bit on the smaller side of the cafes I have visited. 

Fonté roast their own beans, and was voted the best micro-coffee roaster in the Northwest,” by Northwest Palate Magazine. They also provide coffee to retailers, restaurants and luxury hotels including places like the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas, the Four Seasons, and many more.

Can't say enough great things about this visit. I highly recommend stopping in and trying some of their specialty coffee drinks and for a very tasty meal. I want to thank Ryan once again for stepping in for Debra and for picking a great place! You can visit their website at: http://www.fontecoffee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment